Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"Comfortable In My Own Skin"

V-Day is more than fundraising -- it's the wonderful people who dedicate themselves to the campaign. They are true Vagina Warriors. 

I'll be posting profiles of some of our Vagina Warriors so that you can see the people behind the scenes

Laura
Laura has worked hard and helped Publicity and Arts this year and last. She's played a major role in designing the show poster for 2011! 

When did you become a Vagina Warrior? What inspired you to join V-Day? 
I became an official Vagina Warrior two years ago when I participated in my first Vagina Monologues production.  I read The Vagina Monologues in high school and was one-third scandalized, one-third thrilled, and one-third amazed.  It was my dream to participate in the show.

To you, why is it important to stop sexual violence? 
Sexual violence isn't something that's openly talked about.  It's a topic for hushed corners and cop shows.  It's something that appears around the world, and it needs to be confronted.



What is your favorite monologue from the show?  
I love "The Vagina Workshop."  It was my first monologue, and it expanded my comfort level to no extent!  I definitely helped me grow and become more comfortable in my own skin.

 



Is there anything that makes you an outrageous Warrior? Any catch phrase? Accessory? 
Buying chocolate vagina pops for my mom and all of her friends last year was fun...

If your vagina could talk, what would it say? 
It would say..."Adventure time!"

~Peace and Happiness~
Stacy
Vagina Warrior Extraordinaire

No comments:

Post a Comment