Wednesday, January 12, 2011

You Might Be A Budding Vagina Warrior If...

Becoming a Vagina Warrior is a journey.  It takes time, patience, and guts.  I remember when I first started on the road to wearing the red and black. I was shy and quiet and the word "vagina" stuck in my mouth like peanut butter. Gradually, I loosened up as I came to realize just how important it was for me to break the silence surrounding sexual assault. I spoke out for myself and others.  It was time I added my voice to those around me.

Whatever your level of support -- the active volunteer or quiet supporter -- everyone who opposes sexual violence can be a Vagina Warrior.  They may be the guy at the party stopping an abusive situation. They may be the woman reading a monologue. They may be the person who donates their time to a domestic violence shelter. A Vagina Warrior joins a group of wild, unstoppable activists.  We are people who welcome fellow Warriors in our fight and support each other through our battles.

Time for all you Vagina Warriors to come out of the closet and JOIN US!

So, you might be a budding Vagina Warrior if...

1. You believe that women should be able to live safely and freely. 

Image Source: www.vday.org; Eve Ensler at Jumpin' in the Pink for V TO THE TENTH

2. You've been to a V-Day event like our Naked Lady Clothing Party clothing exchange.

Volunteers preparing clothes for the Naked Lady Clothing Party

3. You or a loved one have been affected by sexual violence and you're ready to break the silence.

4. You've seen The Vagina Monologues, but haven't auditioned.

The Vagina Monologues 2010

5. You can say "vagina" in public...almost. 


6. You read the red statistic signs around campus during V-Week.

7. You ate a milk chocolate vagina pop and actually liked it. 

Student Honors Council chocolate vagina pop sale 2009

 8. You're fascinated by Law and Order: SVU, but want something more. 

9. You work at/own a business that supports V-Day at Westminster.

A strong, confident Vagina Warrior

10. You feel that survivors should thrive and create rather than just recover from terrible trauma.


~Peace and Happiness~
Stacy
Vagina Warrior Extraordinaire


No comments:

Post a Comment